It’s that time again for my roundup of some of my favourite things from this past month:
- Sunstone Jewels: I’ve been purchasing products from Melinda at Sunstone Jewels for awhile now, but I just recently upgraded my collection with a few beaded bracelets. I love Sunstone Jewels for a few reasons, but at the very top is because they are handmade by a local artisan (located in Hamilton, ON but originally from Welland). When you support small, local businesses, you are supporting people trying to make a living pursuing their passions. I just love that. If you need more reasons to love Sunstone Jewels, how about the fact that the jewelry is reasonably priced, on trend and there is always a great selection of pieces to choose from. Take a look through the site; I’m sure you will fall in love just like me. AND, as if it couldn’t get any better, they are offering anyone who uses promo code KELS20 20% your purchase! *I will earn a small commission if you purchase with this code, but I genuinely love and wear this jewelry, so I would endorse it anyway!*
- Bottle Green Sparkling Presse – Ever since completing the Whole 30, I’ve been looking for non-alcoholic beverages other than water. I like to have a cocktail or beer now and then, but sometimes I just don’t feel like. On occasions like this, sometimes you just want something a little more exciting than water. This delightful sparkling beverage makes any evening on the patio even better. I have several friends who are pregnant right now and this non-alcoholic beverage feels a little bit more fancy than just a regular glass of water. It comes in several different flavours, but my favourites is the original Elderflower. Sip on it in a fancy champagne flute or wine glass and you’ve got yourself a PG rated party.
- Evenings on the deck – It has been a cool May, but day by day, the weather is getting warmer, the sun is shining longer and the rain is slowly going away. Mike and I have enjoyed several evenings sitting on the deck, enjoying some cold drinks and chatting about our days. It’s nice to take a little bit of time to unwind and just enjoy each other’s company instead of parking it on the couch for 4 hours before heading off to bed (which don’t get me wrong, this does happen sometimes).
- Central Roast Snacks – I’ve seen this brand in the grocery store for awhile, but never purchased anything until last week when I was looking for something to get me through a very long day without any chances of stopping for lunch. I picked up a bag of Superfood Cranberry Almond Power Chews and I fell in love! They taste great, but they also tied me over until I could eat a real meal. Mike has a very busy daily schedule that is often unpredictable, so I’m always looking for foods that he can take on the go instead of skipping meals or grabbing some quick (and unhealthy) out somewhere. These did the trick for both of us, so I’m sure I will be trying out more of their great varieties soon.
- Vermeer’s Garden Centre – Earlier this month, Mike contact the floral designers at Vermeer’s and asked if they could re-create my wedding bouquet for our anniversary. It was so thoughtful and it is just about the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen! I loved my original wedding bouquet, which Vermeer’s also created, and now the re-creation is also a show-stopper! A big shout-out to Laura who created all of the amazing flowers from my wedding. I’m also in love with their garden centre and the amazing selection of herbs and veggies just waiting to be planted in your home gardens.
**These opinions are my own. I have not been paid to offer positive reviews. With the exception of Sunstone Jewels, I am not affiliated with any of these companies. I reference all of them because I actively purchase and support these brands.**